HSA Communications: If you did not receive this eblast via email, please sign up now: http://mmshsa.us8.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=3c8e8ab0ad7757cda55f12155&id=07645dabe3. We work hard to facilitate communication between families and the school, but that doesn’t work if you’re not in the system! Thanks.
First Week Information:
- Sixth Graders: All 6th graders start school on Tuesday, September 6th and enter the school through the main doors. Doors open at 8:12am. Once inside the building, 6th graders report to the auditorium. There they will receive their schedules and learn who their team leaders are and all that good stuff. The first day is a gentle, relaxed intro to the school -- meeting their teachers, touring the building, getting acquainted with their lockers, etc. On their second day of school (Sept. 7th) all 6th graders will enter the school on the Baker Street side and report to their first period classrooms.
- Seventh Graders: All 7th graders start school on Tuesday, September 6th, entering the building on Maple Ave. in the courtyard and reporting to their first period classrooms as per the letter mailed home from the school this week. 7th graders also enter the school on Maple Ave. on their second day of school.
- Eighth Graders: All 8th graders start school on Wednesday, September 7th, entering the building through the main doors and reporting to their first period classrooms as per the letter mailed home from the school this week.
- Students who never received letters from the school: If your students didn’t get a letter, tell them not to panic! 6th graders all report to the auditorium on the first day, so no questions there. For 7th and 8th graders who don’t know their first period classroom assignment, we have been told there will be tons of staff available at the doors upon arrival to answer any questions and direct them where to go. And please reassure your students that everyone will be very understanding and helpful if kids are late or lost or needing assistance. Finally, if you didn’t get a letter home please call the main office and confirm the school has your correct information.
- Emergency Forms: For the vast majority of students who did receive a mailing from the school this week, please make sure you send your kids to school on their first day with the two completed emergency forms enclosed in that letter.
- Practicing Opening a Combination Lock: How fun is this? Mr. Gold made this short, informative, handy tutorial to help students learn to open and lock their locker. Show it to your kids and have them practice! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUtJgeOXlaM
- White Envelopes: On the first day of school your student will receive a white envelope with many important notices (including lots of good info from your HSA!). The school asks that you please complete all enclosed forms and have your child return the envelope to his/her first period teacher the next day.
The HUB at MMS: The HUB is a free, school-based, youth services program, run by Family Connections and located at MMS. The HUB provides free enrichment, recreation, and counseling services for all MMS students. The program will run daily starting after school until 5:30pm. All students who wish to participate must have a signed parental consent form on file with the HUB staff after their first visit. Please click HERE for the HUB’s September calendar and HERE for an invitation to Parent Orientation Night at the HUB, a pasta dinner to be held at MMS on Wednesday, September 21st.
The MMS Online Directory: A message from Jenny Winters, MMS parent, HSA member, and directory-creator extraordinaire:
Join the MMS online Student/Family Directory!
Families new to MMS or who were not in the directory last year, use this link to enter your family data: join.myschoolanywhere.com and use the join code MMSdirectory
In order to have access to the directory you must enter your student(s) name, at least one parent/guardian, and an active email address. You can opt out of having any or all of your personal information in the directory, but you still need to enter the data to have online access. The HSA does not print the directory, but you will have online access throughout the school year and you can print a copy from home.
Once you have entered your data you will receive a confirmation email with log in instructions and a unique password within 24-48 hours.
The information included in the directory is private and should not be shared outside our school community.
In the directory last year? You were sent an email on behalf of the HSA inviting you to update your information for 2016-17. Please confirm your data ASAP. If you do not confirm your data it will appear as it did last year. Your user name(email address) and password have not changed and you continue to have uninterrupted access to the online directory. If you do not remember your password please contact our directory coordinator, Jenny Winters at email@example.com
The first few informational pages of the directory are available here:
Ok everyone! You’ll hear lots more from us in that famous white envelope, on Facebook, and at Back to School Night, so we’re signing off for now. Here’s to a terrific year for our kids!
Cheers,Kathleen Bailie & Alan Stephenson
MMS HSA co-presidents